LEAD DEVELOPER TEAM LEADER BET MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (PROGRAMMING)
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to establish a new software team developing a product built on a range of interesting technologies within a fast growing, dynamic, international and exciting business.
Initially, you will be expected to:
- liaise with the 3rd party to gain an understanding of the software
- recruit the other members of the team (2 or 3 initially)
- put in place all the elements required for the team to function, such as development environments,
backup, code management etc
In order to help fulfil the above, it will be necessary to liaise closely with other parts of Inspired- such as the existing development, test, customer support and technical support teams.
Subsequently, you will lead the team you have recruited to:
- gain a full and deep understanding of the product
- develop new features as and when required by the company
- carry out full testing of new releases
- assist in deployment and support
- integrate the product seamlessly with other company software
- expand the team when necessary
In particular, you will be expected to lead and take part in software development.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
The successful candidate should:
- Have experience in leadership of a software team.
- Have experience in development of a Bet Management System or similar high volume transactional
POS system, including working with databases and servers in areas such as failover and
- Have very strong database and SQL programming experience including configuration and tuning of
SQL Server 2008/2008 R2
- Have programming skills across several languages/platforms- ideally including T-SQL, VB.Net, C#,
WPF and WCF.
- Have expert level in software development for Windows platforms using .Net with range of technical
knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows, Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, ASP.Net
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Used to an agile, flexible development approach
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Some knowledge of sports and betting
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at [URL removed]
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Manchester, Greater Manchester, Stoke On Trent, Cheshire, Bury, Rochdale, Northwich, Congleton, Stockport, Maccesfield, Warrington, Leigh, Bolton, Knutsford, Oldham, Royton, St Helens, Heywood, Skelmersdale, Ramsbottom
Salary : £50k - £60k pa + Bonus & Benefits
Date Advertised : 07 Mar 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.