Principal Hydraulics Systems Engineer / £45k negotiable
Principal Hydraulic Systems Engineer
Location: Rocester, Staffordshire
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £42'000 - 45'000 per annum (negotiable)
Contributory Pension: 6%, subsidised health care, 33 days annual leave
As a result of a continued growth in group machine projects, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced Principal Engineer to join the Group Research team on the delivery of new machine development programmes.
Based at our new Design Innovation Centre at Rocester and reporting to the Chief Engineer for Advanced Engineering, the successful candidate will be working on technical development projects which are targeted to ensure that our machines are the most advanced and competent on the market.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Definition of full vehicle hydraulic systems, components and supplier selection.
* Delivery of the machine hydraulic systems design solutions.
* Ensuring that the machine performance meets requirements defined by Marketing/Engineering briefs and Group standards.
* Ensuring a common design approach and maximising the commonality of systems and components across the machine range.
* Compiling systems design documentation and supporting formal design reviews
* Management of hydraulic system bill of material costing versus targets
* Steady state simulation of hydraulic circuits
Ideal candidates will:
* Have a sound engineering background and be educated to degree level in a relevant subject
* Have a clear understanding of existing and future hydraulic systems technologies that can be applied to off-highway machines
* Be able to demonstrate significant experience of hydraulic machine systems design and development
* Have experience in the management of project teams, including 3 rd party suppliers and specialist consultants
Job Type : Permanent
Location : rocester, staffordshire, stoke on trent, derby, burton upon trent, rocester, staffordshire, stoke on trent, derby, burton upon trent
Salary : £42'000 - £45'000 (salary negotiable)
Date Advertised : 30 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.