Project Manager - NVH & Aerodynamics
Prestigious automotive client seeks a Project Manager - NVH & Aerodynamics to work on whole vehicle product development programmes.
Vehicle NVH & Aerodynamics is a key part of this product development process and sits within the Vehicle Refinement (NVH) and Aerodynamics (EGA) function of Whole Vehicle Engineering.
This role will be responsible for managing a complete car-line (platform) project for successful delivery of five attributes of Aero-acoustics, Aerodynamics, Powertrain NVH, Chassis & Body NVH and Cabin refinement (creaks & rattles and powered ancillaries).
Operationally the role holder will lead and manage project delivery for a vehicle platform from concept to launch working closely with the five attribute managers. The role will involve working cross-functionally within the whole product development circle of Engineering and Product & Project management; and will require regular liaison with other functions like Quality, Purchase, Finance, and Sales & Marketing.
* Responsible for project management of a vehicle platform for vehicle refinement and aerodynamics development, which involves management of budgets, project plans, risk registers etc.
* Responsible for defining and planning own work and reporting project status and progress to the Functional Manager.
* Accountable for planning and monitoring test/development activities for all five technical areas and ensuring completion on time and to the approved budget.
* Responsible for the support and guidance to technical managers required for executing technical development plans.
* A key part of the job involves working closely with the WVE Project Integration Manager (respective vehicle platform) for reporting project status (progress, budgets etc.). This would involve working in a cross-functional WVE project team at a separate location to the EGA office.
* This job would also require supporting the WVE continuous improvement process through Rapid Improvement Events (RIE) and participation in project development cells (Six cells covering all Project Emergence Process steps of product development).
Ideal Proven Ability:
* Ideally will have proven Project Management skills in automotive product development, preferable around vehicle refinement.
* Acoustic development in automotive industry or relevant technical discipline.
* Demonstrable of Project Management, Budget Management, Solid business acumen.
Location: Crewe, Cheshire, UK
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 + bonus + car allowance + benefits
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Crewe, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Warrington, Birmingham, Stoke-On-Trent, Wrexham, Chester, Oswestry, Telford, Wolverhampton, Macclesfield, Stafford, Stockport
Salary : £45,000 to £50,000
Date Advertised : 20 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.