Shift QC Technician - GC Analysis
My client based within commute distance of Stoke are currently looking for a Shift QC Technician with experience of GC Analysis to join their expanding team. This is to work 12 hour shifts including days and nights as below:
2 weeks Nights - Sunday 6pm to Thursday 6am
2 weeks Days - Monday 6am to Thursday 6pm
- Keep accurate laboratory records and work to the standards of accuracy and quality assurance required by UKAS and ISO quality assurance protocols.
- Use Gas Chromatography in order to produce reliable and precise data to enable decisions to be made on the conformity to specification of raw materials, intermediate and final products.
- Carry out routine analytical tasks accurately and safely by following procedures and work instructions for preparing and analysing samples.
- Ensure the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment to agreed schedules. Report any laboratory equipment malfunction and organise repair with manufacturer.
- Monitor the quality of measurement by the use of calibrated and/or internal reference standards.
- Ensure that the laboratory is stocked with certified reference standards, equipment spares and ancillary resources so as to be able to achieve the requirements for testing while guaranteeing the quality of the measurements carried out.
- Record all test results obtained and interpret results to make the decision of the conformity to the specification of raw materials, intermediate and finished products. Manage any non-conformities found according to the Quality Management System.
- Using computers to create MSDS data for customers, define labelling requirements and conduct searches on relevant topics.
- Carry out the Quality Control (QC) check on finished products according to the agreed UKAS ISO 17025 & ISO 9001 QMS procedures and work Instructions. Manage any non-conformities found according to the requirements of the Quality Management System
Skills / Experience:
Minimum HNC/BTec in Science/Chemistry or equivalent
Experience of using Gas Chromatography (GC) in a laboratory environment outside of academia
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Stoke on Trent
Salary : Neg
Date Advertised : 19 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.