Graduate Material Scientist
Our client has laboratories and offices around the world, they employs a team of research and product development professionals who are involved in physical and chemical materials testing, research, process engineering, product design and failure analysis.
They now have a key technical role for a Material Scientist with a ceramics background. Graduates welcome to apply.
Our client is looking for a Materials scientist (Graduate), with knowledge of ceramics, to contribute expertise in materials solutions, design, and manufacture based around client needs and new technology development. In the first instance this will be working in a team developing technologies to reduce energy consumption in ceramic firing, and to implement designs to an industrial scale.
Principal accountabilities are:
* To devise testing methods to evaluate the effects of various firing conditions on ceramic materials and develop fundamental understanding of the material processes undertaken.
* To develop practical, innovative solutions for multinational clients as part of a multidisciplinary materials consultancy.
* To draw from experience and knowledge to adapt successful hands on management of day to day consultancy and task execution
* To plan experiments to confirm the feasibility of processes and techniques in approximated industrial environments.
* To prepare reports intelligible to laymen and scientist alike on results and experimental designs for clients and fellow team members.
Candidates should hold a degree in a relevant discipline, such as Material Science, Chemistry (with preference for inorganic). The candidate's scientific knowledge must be matched with a head for business. Graduates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Stoke-On-Trent, Crewe, Stafford, Derby, Birmingham
Salary : Salary circa £25,000
Date Advertised : 13 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.