Costing Engineer Job Ref 1210-17
Costing Engineer Job based in the Midlands salary from £28k to £35k plus benefits
We are looking for an Engineer from a Costing Tendering or Purchasing background in Precision Machining or Heavy Fabrications to prepare and complete, accurate and itemised cost estimates for mechanical engineering tenders for turbine engine retrofits and major upgrades.
If you are experienced with
* Engineering processes in Precision Machining and Castings
* Heavy gauge fabrications
* Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (including data processing, functions and pivot tables);
* Writing RFQs for engineering services and equipment;
* Interpreting quotations for engineering services and equipment (for correctness / accuracy);
* Steam turbines
Then email your CV to express your interest
The costing engineer will
* Define target costs
* Prepare, review and submit RFQs to internal and external suppliers in close cooperation with the KCM's and factory network;
* Analyse cost offers from internal and external suppliers and identify potential risks and opportunities;
* Expedite cost quotations and negotiate competitive offers;
* Consolidate costs and participate in approval processes;
* Analyse product and service cost data and trends;
* Implement process improvements in relation to costing and CoPQ and help identify strategic sourcing actions required to reduce cost base;
* Support during hand-over to project management.
This role will require close cooperation with engineering, tendering, project management, Factories, KCM's and procurement to deliver a sound cost basis to win customer orders and ensure a realistic cost base for project execution
This Permanent Job for a Costing Engineer will be full time, based in one location within the UK with travel to take place as required.
If the Engineering Job is right for the next stage of your career development then email your CV for an initial informal discussion.
The role was posted by Clements Technical Recruitment (Clemtech) and is commutable from Birmingham, Cannock, Dudley, Edgebaston, Kidderminster, Lichfield, Redditch, Shrewsbury, Smethwick, Stafford, Stoke On Trent, Stourbridge, Sutton Coldfield, Telford, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, and Yardley
Clemtech are a Technical Recruitment Agency specialising in placing engineering, technical and office support staff in both contract and permanent vacancies.
From our Head Office we deliver comprehensive recruitment solutions across the UK, Europe and Overseas providing our clients and candidates alike with unparalleled service, support and opportunities.
Application for vacancy in Purchasing and subsequent acceptance to attend an interview for the role will be evident of your willingness to work in the position.
This vacancy is only open to candidates authorised to work in the U.K.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Birmingham, Cannock, Dudley, Edgebaston, Kidderminster, Lichfield, Redditch, Shrewsbury, Smethwick, Stafford, Stoke On Trent, Stourbridge, Sutton Coldfield, Telford, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, and, Birmingham, Cann
Salary : £28k - 35k per year + Benefits
Date Advertised : 10 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.